You can now get home health aide online training from the comfort of your home.
These types of training courses will provide you with information on how to assist people who are ill, disabled or elderly and help them maintain their independence and “quality of life” from their home.
Once you graduate from a home health aide online training course, you will be able and prepared to write the PCSC (Personal Care and Support Credential) examination. This will certify your knowledge on a professional level.
Requirement for Home Health Aide Online Training:
- No prerequisites
- Study methods will include an online eBook for textbooks and the exams
- The length of the program is around six months
What You Will Learn
These online training courses usually consist of easy to follow comprehensive lessons. The information provided has been specifically selected in order to ensure that you will have all the necessary tools to become an aide for home health on a professional level.
Some of the Key Topics will include:
- Procedures for infection control
- Effective communication skills with the patient and their families
- How to care for an elderly patient
- Issues on personal care
- Rehabilitation techniques
How you can benefit from these Online Courses
Once you decide to take a certified type of home health aide online training course, you can start whenever you are ready and can study when you have the time. The selected training content balances practical applications and theoretical concepts.
The tuition will cover the following:
- Comprehensive eBook study guides and training
- Online exams
Once you have completed the online course, you will then be required to take an examination at a testing center located in your area. You will receive your certificate within about 14 days once you have passed the online test.
Once you graduate you will receive a personalized diploma and may have an opportunity to participate in the ceremony at the annual graduation. You can add this career diploma to your resume, which will form a type of integral component to your success.
Your duties once you are a Certified Home Health Aide will include:
- Observation of patients or residents in a care facility or in their private homes
- Working on a shift basis in order to help your patient perform daily tasks
- Assisting the patient in gaining independence levels
- Toileting, bathing and shaving your patients
- Reporting every shift to the Registered nurse when working in a “residential care facility”
- Documenting food and fluid intakes
- Keeping the patients personal area tidy and making beds
- Transporting patients
- Turning for bedridden patients
Job and Salary Prospects
The salary range for these positions will average between 15,000 to 30,000 dollars per year. Of course your salary will depend on your qualifications, your location and your position.
Home health aides are regarded as one of the top rated occupations in America today. In addition, job prospects are excellent and are predicted to continue to grow for quite some time.
Home health aide online training can be the best certificate training that you can get, especially if you are working a full time job already.
[listly id=”Npe” layout=”gallery” show_header=”false” show_author=”false” show_sharing=”true” show_tools=”false” per_page=”5″]